As you might already know, Stash first began as a simplified investing platform. Yet as we gained a deeper understanding of our customers’ needs, we realized that we could do even more to help people make financial progress. Americans needed banking that was actually on their side, so we added online banking to Stash—complete with budgeting tools and advice, early payday1, and absolutely no hidden fees.2 And of our 5 million Stashers, over 1 million now bank with us.
Our vision is to build the future of personal finance—an all-in-one home for your money needs. So as Stash continues to expand, it’s important to make sure all the different pieces work together seamlessly. To that end, we’ve been making some big improvements to the way that money moves within your Stash.
Instant transfers are rolling out.
We’ve begun rolling out instant transfers (within Stash) and direct buying to Stashers. To ensure stability, we’ll be giving more Stashers access every week through May. You can follow the rollout on our Twitter account.
So what does all this mean? Let’s break it down…
From Spend to Invest
- Transfers from your Spend available balance to your Invest portfolios are INSTANT.
- In comparison, transfers to and from an external bank account can take up to 3 days.
- You can also now buy investments directly with your Spend available cash in all investment portfolios.
- If you’ve unlocked early payday by adding direct deposit to your Stash, you can now invest up to 2 days early.1 Keep in mind, investing 2 days early over 40 years adds up to 5.26 years.
From Invest to Spend
- Cash labeled “available to transfer” in your Invest personal portfolio can now be instantly moved to your Spend available balance.
- This money will be ready to use immediately via your debit card, bill pay, automatic check payments, etc.
- Keep in mind that you still need to wait 2 days after a sale for funds to settle per SEC regulations. Additionally, holds may still exist on money transferred to Stash from external accounts to protect against fraud.
1. Early access to your direct deposit depends on deposit verification and when Green Dot Bank gets notice from your employer, and may vary from pay period to pay period.
2. Other fees apply to the bank account. Please see Deposit Account Agreement for details. If applicable, your Stash banking account is a funding account for purposes of the Advisory Agreement. Your Stash subscription fee may be deducted from your Stash banking account balance.
Instant money transfers may be subject to limitations.
Account opening of the bank account is subject to Green Dot Bank approval.
Bank Account Services provided by and Stash Visa Debit Card issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.
Investment products and services provided by Stash Investments LLC, not Green Dot Bank, and are Not FDIC Insured, Not Bank Guaranteed, and May Lose Value.
This material has been distributed for informational and educational purposes only, and is not intended as investment, legal, accounting, or tax advice. Investing involves risk.